Home of Windows self-learning
www.winhelp.us has easy step-by-step guides about configuring, using, securing and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1. Here are also tutorials about free security software; privacy and security guides for web browsers and apps; creating and remembering good passwords, staying safe online, etc.
Target audience is from absolute beginners to intermediate home users wanting to know more about using and securing Windows and staying safe online.
www.winhelp.us is divided into several categories that you can find on top menu:
- Home - includes Frequently asked questions, help page and contact form;
- General security - includes information about passwords and privacy, as well as installing, configuring and using different security programs (anti-virus, anti-malware and other protection tools) and well-known Internet browsers and applications;
- Windows - includes information about customizing, securing, maintaining, troubleshooting and backing up/restoring Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1, plus tutorials for Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10 and 11;
- Other - includes general information about computers, and useful software such as CCleaner, CDBurnerXP, Data Recovery CD and Puppy Linux;
To see a full list of all pages available at www.winhelp.us, visit the Site map page.
Top content February 2015
- Repair your computer in Windows 8 and 8.1
- Repair or reinstall Windows Update
- Create Recovery Drive or System Repair Disc in Windows 8 and 8.1
- System Image Backup in Windows 8.1
- Repair your computer in Windows Vista or 7
- Non-destructive reinstall of Windows 8 and 8.1
- Non-destructive reinstall of Windows 7
- Configure Windows Defender in Windows 8 and 8.1
- Custom recovery image in Windows 8 and 8.1
- Windows Desktop, Taskbar, Start menu and Windows Explorer